Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Notes From Church

So now that I get to go to RS on Sunday's, I decided that I would write down some of the words and impressions from the lesson/speaker. In May, a member of our Stake Presidency who is also a family counselor, spoke to the women. It was so great!! (I just found the notes after cleaning off half of my kitchen table...) He spoke about the expectations we place on ourselves at church, school, work, etc. ...they are created by us... unmet expectations will lead to strained relationships and communication will be the first to go.

Whenever I am at the temple, there is a word that has puzzled me for such a long time...enmity. I finally heard a definition that helps me understand what it is...enmity...a mean deep seeded dislike; a wrong that attacks relationships; born by unmet expectations.


He counseled us to:
1. Rid ourselves of unrealistic expecations.
2. Communicate expectations while there is still love.
3. We do not get all our expectations met.
4. Go to your knees, even during the middle of the day.
5. Be careful not to let expectations remove yourself from the Savior- the Lord is concerned and wants our happiness.

This lesson had come at such a great time for me, since I have really struggled at my workplace for some time. I hope that I will remember these thoughts, which is why I decided to write them down in my blog...

1 comments:

photomom said...

Misty,
Why didn't anyone ever tell us that life was going to get harder as we got older....??? I always just figured the older we got the better we got at life... wake up call to Marianne ! :) These are great thoughts and yeah, life is definitely a balancing act. I need these thoughts as much as you do. Thanks for posting!